The Rocky Mountain Crusher will be an all-out test of skill, endurance, strength and teamwork!
We design the workouts to be both FUN and demanding, including classic movements done in CrossFit gyms around the world, as well as a couple of unique and challenging elements. As a team, you will make your way through the 5km course, working together to complete each WOD.
Sign-In – 8:00am – 3pm
- Location: Canmore Nordic Centre, Nordic Stadium
- Participants must sign in as a team & packages will be under your team name.
- Sign-In will be available throughout the day for teams with later start heats.
- To expedite the sign-in process, please sign the CrossFit Canmore Waiver 2019. Each TEAM should bring one completed form.
Pre-Race Announcement – 9:00am
All questions about WODs will be answered at this time.
Race Start – 9:30am
- Teams will start in heats of 5 every 20 minutes.
- Teams will race together and stick together throughout the race, but each WOD is different. Some you will need to work together as a team to complete, while others you may share the load or need to complete on your own.
- WOD details will be clearly outlined prior to the event start in our WOD videos.
Click here for the 2019 RMC Team List
*Please contact us before Saturday August 31st for any changes or corrections.
Click here for Workouts for the 2019 Crusher
Judging: We want you to have fun, challenge yourself and for this to be a great experience for all of us!
- As we have 30+ teams on the course at any one time, we will not be judging all of the WOD’s.
- We will be working on the honour code just like you would at your local gym, so please hold yourself to the highest standard when it comes to counting your reps and maintaining range of motion.
- There will not finish place prizing. We want this event to be inclusive of everyone, not just the top three teams.
- To view live timing race results – click here!
- Please be advised that all participants are required to adhere to the Canmore Nordic Centre Provincial Park’s Bear Spray policy:
The Canmore Nordic Centre Provincial Park (CNCPP) works closely with event organizers to promote Wildsmart strategies aimed at keeping participants as safe as possible & reducing negative human-wildlife interactions during events. One of the most effective strategies for avoiding a negative encounter is carrying bear spray while on trails.
- As a participant in the Rocky Mountain Crusher, you will be required to carry bear spray while out on course.
- PLEASE NOTE: Each individual is required to carry bear spray, not per team.
- Bear Spray can be purchased at many outdoor retailers, as well as at TrailSports located within the Canmore Nordic Centre.
- TrailSports also provide rentals at $5/day. They are located at 2003 Olympic Way, Tel: 403-678-6764.